Summary: Disassembles, inspects, repairs, and re-assembles compressor valves and packing cases for customer valves.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow schedule for workflow to achieve goals set by Management.
- Work as a member of company “team”: Cooperation is a must, Courtesy is mandatory.
- Perform all valve repair tasks, including:
Rebuilding Valves – consisting of disassembly, cleaning, machining, lapping, reassembling, testing, packaging, labeling. As instructed by Engineering.
Write up parts list supplied to rebuild
Assist with customer service calls
Keep facility clean (work area)
Deliver parts as required
Open and Close shop
Rebuild packing cases – consists of disassembly, cleaning, machining, lapping, reassembling, testing, packaging and labeling.
Complete Packing Case Inspection sheet
Responsible for callouts on assigned shifts and gathering all necessary information from customer to bill.
Pull necessary parts from inventory to complete job on call outs only.
Operating of automated cleaning equipment, bead blaster, rotary surface grinder, manual & CNC lathes, lapping machine, and testing equipment.
Assist shop supervisor in mentoring and training valve technicians.
Perform “as found reports”
Perform final inspection reports
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Takes initiative in searching/researching pertinent technical information required for job completion.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly and verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Confers with engineers, production programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school; and a minimum of 1-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Driver’s License
Other Skills and Abilities: Microsoft Office experience or equivalent.