Summary: Responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close. Develop and implement agreed upon plan which will meet both personal and company goals of expanding customer base. Works within the sales and support team for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue and long term account goals. Goals are set to be in line with the companies’ vision and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes positive relationships and communication with all known and possible future clients of M&J’s located in assigned territory.
- Responsible for collaborating with the valve shop, manufacturing and the machine shop in order to validate that the clients business is being handled with the absolute best quality and fastest available service.
- Develop and maintain the sales route territory assigned, by regular personal with clients and support staff, such as dispatchers, clerks, foreman, supervisors, and mechanics. Anyone related to the business of assisting the clients compression related work.
- Submits weekly call reports each Monday for the previous week concerning customer-related activities for quotes, orders and problems concerning customer relationships. Complete and turn in expense reports each Monday to Management for approval.
- Gather, secure, update, and share client equipment list, location, and contact personnel information.
- Help to advise, assist or solve clients compressor problems in the most efficient possible manner.
- Sell M&J services and products in every possible opportunity and represent all services and product lines.
- Assist with arranging and facilitating client valve training schools, packing schools and presentations on the value of doing business with M&J.
- Learn and master the skill of selling value added services.
- Secure jobs from existing and potential customers by means of personal visits to the customer or contacting using the best form of communication.
- Picking up and delivering jobs.
- Secure opportunities to quote on customer requirements, and prepare proposal with management approval.
- Follows up on quotations submitted to customers.
- Established professional customer relationships with appropriate customer personnel.
- Performs all assigned duties in the assigned sales territory.
- Performs any directly related appropriate duties assigned by the Management.
- Performs assigned duties with minimum personal supervision from the Management.
- May represent company at local trade shows, customer functions/safety forums, and industry organizational gatherings.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of the firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Responsible for obtaining all documentation for new customer to establish open account.
- Responsible for obtaining proper purchase authorizations, delivery requirements, purchase orders and delivery signatures on all customer invoices.
- Responsible for assisting on collection of past due invoices.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or a minimum 3 years’ experience in the gas compression or oil/gas industry with mechanical skills, product knowledge and outside sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Driver's License
Other Skills and Abilities: Microsoft Office experience or equivalent.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license .
Other Qualifications: Must be able to travel extensively in assigned territory and maintain credentials and ability to drive a company vehicle. Must also be available on a 24/7 basis to help handle customer or company needs.