Summary: Directs production, distribution, and marketing operations for the service center, or assigned territory of industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Also, supervises and coordinates activities of shop employees engaged in operating variety of machines to manufacture valve parts or products. Shall perform the following duties as required in a consistent manner, accurately, timely, safely and at the lowest feasible cost to the company.
· Coordinates production, distribution, warehousing of inventory, and sales in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by the company by direction of the Regional Service Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
· Confers with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in area by direction of the Regional Service Manager.
· Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
· Reviews production costs and product quality, and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of service center and to control cost of operations by direction of the Regional Service Manager.
· Assists the Regional Service Manager with budgeting.
· Ensure that no job leaves service center without a proper documentation required by customer and the company.
· Ensure that the service center conforms to the company’s structured, and applied, safety program.
· Responsible for resolving all customer complaints and issues.
· Complete, check and submit all service center expenses weekly.
· Ensure all aftermarket goods are ordered from M&J Valve manufacturing service center. (Orders placed with outside vendors must be pre-approved by Regional Service Manager).
· Ensure invoicing of all jobs under my supervision by the close of the day after completion.
· To be informed of, and to enforce, credit policies of the company when selling products to existing or new customers. All credits must be approved by Accounting.
· Maintain office as an example of order and efficiency, and a show place of organization for my team and our customers.
· Plan and organize the next day before leaving each evening as a means of inspiring and leading the service center team.
· Lead the service center sales and production team by meeting with them weekly to plan the opportunities for service and market penetration.
· Perform written evaluations on subordinates.
· Assists in interviews.
· Assists in terminations.
· Consistently adhere to personnel policies of the company and to apply them consistently and equitably to all personnel regardless of tenure or class.
· Strictly implement and adhere to a rigid quality control program and completion of the attendant paperwork. (As Found & Final Inspection reports).
· Cross-train employees to obtain maximum productivity.
· Review daily the workflow of the shop area for efficiency, productivity, and the team safety.
· Oversees day to day operations in the shop & office.
· Scheduling of all jobs; establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules and maintains time / production records.
· Keep track of start & end dates on all jobs.
· Work with Inventory Coordinator on parts and tooling required to a complete job.
· Maintain equipment and tool servicing; schedule appropriate downtimes for maintenance.
· Take customer calls and work with sales department to resolve any technical customer related issues.
· Wear appropriate attire and have good personal hygiene at all times.
· Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
· Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
· Plans flow of materials through department and develops physical layout of machines according to work orders.
· Interfaces with sales team and technical support to ensure customer deadlines and quality requirements are met.
· Inspects parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
· Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
· Suggests working condition changes and use of equipment to increase shop efficiency.
· Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
· Develops capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
· Responsible for the training of shop employees.
· Responsible for safety of the employees and enforcing all safety policies, including PPE usage.
· Work with CADD Draftsmen & Scheduler on parts and tooling required to complete job.
· Work with Scheduler and Engineering to resolve any and all technical discrepancies or inconsistencies.
· Presents evidence and tracks job performance to ensure workflow deviation is kept to a minimum, providing sound reasoning for any inconsistencies.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages subordinate the service center with direction from the Regional Service Manager. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the service center. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, terminations, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or a minimum of 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in a shop preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Driver's License
Other Skills and Abilities: Microsoft Office experience or equivalent.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
Other Qualifications: May require travel.